The “Competitive Match Rankings” system is designed for players looking to enhance their match-play preparation. It places a large focus on playing a large quantity of matches, with a smaller focus on the result of the match. Through the rankings created, we decide upon who is eligible for our high performance programs at the club.Click to read the Rules on Competitive Match Rankings
- Each player may challenge another player ranked up to three spots ahead of them once/week.
- They must write down the challenge match on the “Challenge Match Listings” sheet (located on court 6) by Tuesday of that week.
- If challenged by someone else, they must complete the match by Sunday at 12pm of that week.
- Each match played will earn the player 10 points, and winning the match earns an additional 7 points.
- Only two matches in total will count towards points each week.
- If the player is not challenged by someone else, they may choose from the following activities to earn 10 points:
- Organize a different match on their own, with the possibility of earning an additional 7 points with a win.
Perform another hitting activity (off-court conditioning will not qualify)
- Ball machine
- Hitting partner
- Feeding partner
Once a match, or substitution activity is completed, the player must fill out the result on the “Challenge Match Listings” sheet on court 6.
Rankings & point totals will be updated on Monday each week.
*Top 4 are eligible for “Timberhill Elite Class”
- Challenge-play & ranking guidelines:
- You may challenge any three players higher than you.
- The challenge will consist of one 8 game Pro Set with ad scoring.
- If a lower ranked player defeats a higher ranked player, the lower ranked player will take that ranking position and bump all players down one ranking position.
- The last day of each session is when class eligibility is decided upon for the next session.
|Winter '17||Competition begins:||April 3rd||Competition ends:||June 16th|
|0,00||Weekly points earned||Class Eligibility|
|4 (F)||Ronny Junkins||194,00||Elite/CPT/Wed|
|8 (F)||Nathan Liu||159,00||CPT/Wed|